Famiy Law

If you are considering filing for divorce or you are already a party to a family law proceeding, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your interests. You want an attorney who understands the laws governing child custody and visitation, support, and the division of marital assets and debts, one who will help you understand all your options so that you can make informed decisions.

I protect the rights of men and women at all stages of a family law issue, from the initial filing of dissolution through motions for modification or enforcement. I handle all matters related to divorce, including child custody and parenting time (visitation), child support, alimony, and the division of marital debts and assets, and I help clients through the legal process of ending a marriage and all other related matters.

I work with men and women at all stages of a divorce, from the decision to file a divorce petition through negotiated settlements, mediation or trial, as well as any post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of existing divorce decrees. I handle all matters related to or arising out of a divorce, including:

  • Child custody and parenting time. I will help you identify and implement custody and visitation arrangements that are in the best interests of your minor children while protecting your rights as parents.
  • Child support. I will review all proposed child support agreements to ensure compliance with Colorado guidelines. I will also help you determine whether all relevant sources of income have been included in the calculation.
  • Maintenance or spousal support. I will help you establish whether alimony is warranted and, if so, the amount, frequency and duration of payments.
  • The division of marital property. I will help you equitably divide the debts and assets of your marriage, including real property, bank accounts and investments, retirement funds and business assets.
  • Modification and enforcement actions. If your situation has changed significantly or there are concerns that one of the parties is not complying with the terms of the divorce decree, I will help you file a request with the court to either change the terms or use the court's power to enforce the agreed-upon terms, seeking a contempt citation if necessary.

In addition, I work with grandparents who seek rights related to minor children and I also handle adoptions, including stepparent adoptions.

Call the Hug Law Firm today to set up your FREE CONSULTATION!